CALL TO ALL LATINO ANIMATORS!!
The Latino Comics Expo (LCX) in conjunction with Maya Cinemas are running a fundraiser Animation Festival in North Las Vegas on January 25th, 2020. And we are now taking submissions for the show!
SOME INFO ABOUT LCX:
The Latino Comics Expo (LCX) is a Latino-centered comic book convention that was co-founded in 2011 by Ricardo Padilla and Javier Hernandez. They feature and promote comics and art, music, and culture by Latino artists from all over the US and internationally too.
This year they are doing a fundraiser for the Expo by running an Animation Festival to showcase local and international Latin animators. Proceeds to the event go directly to help keep the Expo alive and running, and in exchange animators who may not have had the opportunities to screen or show their shorts in a theater get the spotlight and a live audience. We also do a raffle prize of artwork, have comics and swag for sale and a question and answer features with artists after the screening.
So starting today, LCX is taking submissions for it 3nd Animation Festival! There is NO FEE to submit, and all entries will be notified a week after the cutoff date Dec 26th if their film was picked for the screening. You don’t need to be present to the show to have your work shown, (but if you do, we do a live mic intro with the creators before your piece screens).
-All entries must be original works. No parodies or fan animations will be allowed.
-You must be 18yrs or older to submit.
-You must have the rights or legal permissions to use the audio/music in your films.
-We are looking for independent shorts in English or Spanish. If your animation is in Spanish, please include English subs directly burned into your piece. (No secondary subtitle files to attach).
- Films made by Latino animators or of Latino decent are highly encouraged to enter. We will also accept works that showcase Latino iconography, culture, or characters even if you may not be Latino.
-If your work is selected, please be able to provide a high-res copy of your animation in H.264 video codec and saved as a .mp4 video file.
-Minimum runtime length: 1 min, Maximum length: 15 mins
HOW TO SUBMIT:
-Send an email with a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following info in your email:
1. Your first and last name
2. Where are you located? (ex. California, USA. Chile, Mexico?)
3. Link to your animation. (if password protected please include that!)
4. Your email to contact you, if we pick your animation.
5. The length time of your film.
6. The medium used. (ex. Flash, hand-drawn, stop motion, CGI, etc…)
7. A short synopsis of your piece. (aka: what is it about?)
8. Any additional info you’d like to share about the piece or yourself 😊
And that’s it!
DEADLINE TO ENTER: Dec 26th
NOTIFED SELECTIONS: Jan 2nd
SCREENING DAY: Jan 25th 7pm-9pm, Maya Cinemas-North Las Vegas