View Profile Comick

31 Movie Reviews

Your cartoons are always so underrated when in fact they are both unique, funny, and just plain crazy sometimes! Haha this is exactly why I follow you...I am always guaranteed a hardy laugh and some twisted comedy. Great job!

Oh man, I watched this on loop at least 20 times! You got the acting and the expressions so well. Not to mention the timing was just perfect, you had me laughing when the roaches crawled away and his smile went from :) to O_O. Great work!

I loved this so much! Refreshingly different style and experimental animation that was wild and unafraid to break rules. Some people forget that animation is only bound by your imagination and it can be used in so many ways to convey characters and how they emote. The sound editing itself lead well to the animation as a whole and kept my interest throughout, even if I didn't quite KNOW why he was so pissed about the previous snail options I was happy to see they did find one of good quality for the collection. When it said to be continued??? I thought "YES, please do!" Keep up the great work

StephenHutchins responds:

Thanks so much! Really glad you connected with it I appreciate the feedback!

1 Game Review

Great game! It took me 2 hours 45 mins to complete and i got 63% collected. I just know that crying baby bird had something to do with another place to unlock but couldn't figure out what. The controls were very good too, I used my Super Nintendo usb controller to play and the buttons and joypad worked perfectly! I also liked how as you went farther the dino got new moves like the melt and the wings. They really lent to going back to previous areas and reaching clay balls and goodies you didn't know were there. I was literally squishing him flat all over randomly just to check i didn't miss any of those hidden walls and tunnels haha. The other thing that was just amazing to me was the sheer level of details taken to animations in the game. Literally everything moves and reacts to touch from the dino. And there is a lot of care taken into the stuff people don't notice right away like the floating dust in the air and the goop in the clay puddles and the bugs that scale walls. I liked all the Boss fights and I was actually GLAD to have them be hard like old-school games were. No beating a boss on the first shot! The last boss was my favorite because once you got his attacks down you could squish, jump and wing jump just to avoid everything. The only issue I encountered was when you talk to the frog buddy and he sells you new ability for clay balls the select arrow would not go left or right when using the joypad I had to select them with the keyboard. Overall a professional game that look like it came from an established indie studio and you realize....HOLY MOLY this whole thing was drawn, animated and programmed by ONE MAN?!? That's a huge achievement dude, congrats!

Butzbo responds:

Great to know you could go through the whole game, and also that you mentioned those animation details! (maybe the stuff animators notice, heheh!). I did get help with the music, though, which was fundamental for the ambientation ;)

Hmm, that shop selection issue could be related to alternative gamepads, at least you were able to get around it, but I'll be looking that up!

Thanks a lot Comick!!

9 Art Reviews

It came to my attention I never faved this! Thanks so much for the Skitzo shout out in the drawing too! You really captured some of my favorite classic in there haha yay newgrounds. Oh btw I appreciate the subtle details like adding in Skitzo's armpit hair!!! :b

Its cool to see the whole flip and land! I recall you showed the very very start a while ago when he jumped up and went into ball form and half a twist then it stopped there lol. Nothing beats the look of raw pencil animation on paper...and even then the pencil renders are so well done it doesnt even really need much cleanup or even inking because you really got it down so well- imo :0 . Also his body and fur line up solidly in all that motion and I love the little flop of his back legs when he lands too. Great animation! I suppose the only crit I can give is that the double flip leaves him hanging in the air a bit longer then I think it would last but I cannot tell you exactly how id fix it. It was the only little thing that I could pick out as looking odd? But damn the whole thing was very well done! Plus extra points for it being old school paper animation, I cannot get enough of the look of raw materials in action :) good job

Orbital-Death-Ray responds:

Thank you very much! I love the raw, scratchy look of pencil animation too (I LOOOOVE the look of the "Xerox Era" Disney movies). I'm gonna be cranking out way more animation in the coming months, I've been neglecting the medium for far too long ;^.^

Dude this came out awesome!! Love that crazy bloody background too haha, it suits Sin so well. :) Thanks man! I'm gonna finish up my part of the trade soon!

Two new flashes in the works. Hope people like them...if not, that's okay. You cant please everyone

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!